E-Commerce business models
E-commerce models are an extension or revision of traditional business models, such as advertising model or a new type of business model such as merchant model.
Types of e-commerce models
1. B2B (Business to business model)
2. B2C (Business to consumer model)
3. C2C (Consumer to consumer model)
4. C2B (Consumer to Business model)
5. G2B Government to Business)
6. G2C (Government to Citizens)
7. B2G (Business to Government)
1. Business to Business (B2C) - This is Business to Business transactions. Here the companies are doing business with each other. The final consumer is not involved. So the online transactions only involve the manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers etc.
2. B2C (Business to consumer model) - Business to Consumer. Here the company will sell their goods and/or services directly to the consumer. The consumer can browse their websites and look at products, pictures, read reviews. Then they place their order and the company ships the goods directly to them. Popular examples are Amazon, Flipkart, Jabong etc.
3. C2C (Consumer to consumer model) - Consumer to consumer, where the consumers are in direct contact with each other. No company is involved. It helps people sell their personal goods and assets directly to an interested party. Usually, goods traded are cars, bikes, electronics etc. OLX, Quikr etc follow this model.
4. C2B (Consumer to Business model) - This is the reverse of B2C, it is a consumer to business. So the consumer provides a good or some service to the company. Say for example an IT freelancer who demos and sells his software to a company. This would be a C2B transaction.
5. G2B (Government to Business) - Government use this model to approach business organizations. Such websites supports auctions, tenders and application submission facilities.
6. G2C (Government to Citizens) - Government use this model to approach citizen in general. Such websites provide services like birth registration, marriage or death certificates, auction of vehicle, machinery or any other materials.
7. B2G (Business to Government) - It is a variant of B2B model. Such websites are used by government to trade and exchange information with various business organization. Website provides a medium to business to submit application for government.