Advantages of E-Commerce
E-Commerce advantages can be broadly classified in three major categories-
- Advantages to Organizations
- Advantages to Consumers
- Advantages to Society
Advantages to Organizations
- Using e-commerce, organizations can expand their market to national and international markets with minimum capital investment.
- E-commerce helps organizations to reduce the cost to create process, distribute, retrieve and manage the paper based information by digitizing the information.
- E-commerce improves the brand image of the company.
- E-commerce helps organization to provide better customer services.
- E-commerce reduces the paper work.
Advantages to Customers
- It provides 24x7 support. Customers can enquire about a product or service and place orders anytime, anywhere from any location.
- E-commerce provides users with more options and quicker delivery of products.
- E-commerce application provides users with more options to compare and select the cheaper and better options.
- A customer can put review comments about a product and can see what others are buying, or see the review comments of other customers before making a final purchase.
- E-Commerce increases the competition among organizations and as a result, organizations provides substantial discounts to customers.
Advantages to Society
- Customers need not travel to shop a product, thus less traffic on road and low air pollution.
- E-commerce helps in reducing the cost of products, so less affluent people can also afford the products.
- E-commerce has enabled rural areas to access services and products, which are otherwise not available to them.
- E-commerce helps the government to deliver public services such as healthcare, education, social services at a reduced cost and in an improved manner.