Mercantile Process Model
It define interaction models between consumers and merchants for online commerce. This is necessity because to buy and sell goods, a buyer and other parties must interact in some way.
This model from a consumer perspective consist of 7 activities that can be grouped into three phases:
- Pre-Purchase determination
- Post-Purchase interaction
- Pre-purchase: It includes search and discovery for a set of products in the larger information capable if meeting customer requirements. It also includes product selection from the set of products based on product comparison.
- Purchase phase: It includes protocols that specify the flow of information and documents such as price, availability and delivery dates, and e-pay mechanisms.
- Post-Purchase phase: It includes customer services and support to address customer complaints, product returns and products defects.