Q. Define different types of system
Types of Systems
Different types of system The systems can be divided into the following types:
- Physical System: Physical systems are tangible entities. We can touch and feel them.
Physical System may be static or dynamic in nature. For example, desks and chairs are the physical parts of computer centre which are static. A programmed computer is a dynamic system in which programs, data, and applications can change according to the user's needs.
- Abstract Systems:Abstract systems are non-physical entities or conceptual that may be formulas, representation or model of a real system.
- Open System:An open system must interact with its environment. It receives inputs from and delivers outputs to the outside of the system. For example, an information system which must adapt to the changing environmental conditions.
- Closed Systems:A closed system does not interact with its environment. It is isolated from environmental influences. A completely closed system is rare in reality.
- Deterministic System:Deterministic system operates in a predictable manner and the interaction between system components is known with certainty. For example, two molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen makes water.
- Probabilistic System:Probabilistic System shows uncertain behaviour. The exact output is not known. For example, Weather forecasting, mail delivery.