Q. What are the advantages and disadvantages of SDLC?
Advantages and disadvantage of the SDLC
The following are some of the advantages of the SDLC:
- It enhances control and monitoring of large project.
- It is formed of well detailed step.
- The orderly sequence of development steps and strict controls ensures the adequacy of documentation.
- The design reviews help to ensure the quality, reliability, and maintainability of the developed software or solution.
- The progress and the cost of system development, completion targets are measurable.
These are some of the disadvantages of the SDLC:
- Increases the development time and cost
- Difficulty to estimate the cost of the project
- The performance of the system cannot be tested until it is almost fully coded.
- The system details have to be specified up front
- It increases the amount of documentation as time advances.