Q. Explain Initial investigation?
- This is the first phase of SDLC and is known as identification of need.
- This is a user's request to change, improve or enhance an existing system.
- The objective is to determine whether the request is valid or feasible
- The user request identifies the need for change and authorizes the initial investigation.
User's Request Form
- User assigned title of work requested.
- Nature of work requested (problem definition)
- Date request was submitted
- Date job should be completed
- Purpose of job requested
- Expected benefits
- Input/ Output description
- Requester's signature title, department, and phone number.
- Signature, title and department of person approving the request.
- The success of a system depends largely on how accurately a problem is defined, thoroughly investigated and properly carried out through the choice of solution.
- It is concerned with what the user needs rather than what he/she wants.